Rex Miller joins @drruth on the 22nd Episode of Brain Health: Unchaining Your Pain and the second episode in series 2.
Rex Miller helps leaders and teams release their genius potential. In this episode, we discuss Rex and his family’s journey to optimizing their brain health.
He discusses how his research into the issues associated with the education system helped him uncover where the system had damaged his children and the difficulty in challenging the current, traditional medical system.
Taking his family to get their brains scanned whilst they were on vacation in California, he was able to prove what he intuitively knew was wrong about the diagnosis of his daughter’s brain health struggles.
Helping to uncover the root cause of his daughter’s struggles, which lay in the bullying she experienced at school, Rex talks about her journey to healing, including removing the incorrect label she assigned to herself following the misdiagnosis.
Books and references discussed in the Episode:
- Book – ‘Change your Space, Change your Culture,’ Rex Miller, Mabel Casey, Mark Konchar
- Book – ‘Humanizing the Education Machine: How to Create Schools That Turn Disengaged Kids Into Inspired Learners,’ Rex Miller, Bill Latham, Brian Cahill
- Book – ‘The Body Keeps the Score,’ Bessel van der Kolk
- Book – ‘WHOLE: What Teachers Need to Help Students Thrive,’ Rex Miller, Bill Latham, Kevin Baird, Michelle Kinder
- Book – ‘The Future of Mental Health: Deconstructing the Mental Disorder Paradigm,’ Eric Maisel
- Episode 005 of ‘Brain Health – Unchaining Your Pain’ with guest Charlie Smith
- Book – ‘The Healthy Workplace Nudge: How Healthy People, Cultures, and Buildings Lead to High Performance,’ Rex Miller, Philip Williams, Michael O’Neill
- Books by Sir Ken Robinson
- Book – Strengthsfinder 2.0
- Rex’s upcoming book ‘Genius Spark’ – please check all good online book stores for information
- Clinic – Amen Clinic in California