Dr Leo Galland, MD joins @drruth on the 28th Episode of Brain Health: Unchaining Your Pain and the eighth episode in series 2.
Dr Leo Galland specialises in the evaluation and treatment of patients of all ages with complex chronic disorders. He views the relationship between doctor and patient as a partnership that empowers people to take control of their own health. Dr Galland’s practice is grounded in three principles:
- Search for the root causes of each person’s illness; don’t just suppress symptoms with drugs
- Treat every patient and every illness as unique
- Choose treatments that enhance rather than suppress normal function, whenever possible.
He is a pioneer in studying the impact of intestinal microbes (the gut microbiome) and intestinal permeability (“leaky gut”) on health and disease. Dr Galland has received international recognition for developing innovative nutritional therapies to treat autoimmune, inflammatory, allergic, infectious and gastrointestinal disorders and has described his work in numerous scientific articles and textbook chapters. A graduate of Harvard University and New York University School of Medicine, Dr Galland is board-certified in internal medicine.
He is listed in Leading Physicians of the World and America’s Top Doctors. In 2017, Dr Galland was awarded the Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award by Marquis Who’s Who.
In this episode, Dr Galland shares his perspective on the impact of COVID on our brain and whole-body health, as well as what you can do to unchain your pain from the experience of COVID. He summarises the key research in relation to the impact of COVID on the brain and talks about interventions that you can take personally to aid and accelerate your recovery from COVID, as well as key recommendations to support children.
Having experienced COVID myself, Dr Galland’s research and the recommendations he provides on his website were a vital part of my accelerated recovery from COVID both cognitively and energetically. His research is meticulous, well explained and acts as a fantastic resource for any medical professional, parent or individual seeking advice to prevent, treat and recover from COVID.
Books and references discussed in this Episode:
- Blog – ‘How to strengthen your COVID defences’ by Dr Ruth Allan
- Coronavirus guidebook: https://drgalland.com/coronavirus-protection-protocol
- Pandemic Year 3 – A Critical Update: https://drgalland.com/pandemic-year-three-a-critical-update-leo-galland-m-d
- Human milk probiotic and prebiotic: www.Progurt.co.uk
- Book – The Fat Resistance Diet, by Dr Leo Galland
- Book – ‘Superimmunity for kids’ by Dr Leo Galland and Dian Dincin Buchman